Posts Tagged by Music
|June 21, 2012||Posted by admin under Event, Lane Music, Live Music|
Their repertoire consists of mostly original material and a few selected covers, composed of a mix of piano, guitar, vocals, and harmonica. Their eclectic mix has been described as acoustic organic folkjazz. As singer/songwriters they have produced a comprehensive range of heartfelt and memorable melodies and poetically lyrical songs. Their musical influences range from Mannheim Steamroller, Simon and Garfunkle, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and even Frank Zappa.
|June 21, 2012||Posted by admin under Lane News|
The Lollygagger Lane News … a little birdie told me ….
Tier cost and how you can donate tier:
Tier cost is $120 a month!! This payment falls to Firery, and some LG property may have to be sold off to lower the tier. Many more Lindens are spent on Live Entertainment, as well as items purchased for building and decorating. Donate to LG whenever you can, tip jars are at various places throughout the Lane. If you don’t have Lindens, but are a paid member to SL, you can donate your tier and it won’t cost you anything. Contact Firery Broome to find out more.
Theme Night/Pub Crawl, every Friday, 5 PM, starting June 22:
We will attend 4 live events, 15 min at each IN THEME COSTUME, followed by after party at LG w/ DJ. Wear your LG tag, and promote LG! 500L prize and the fabulous LG Trophy awarded to best thematic dressed at the 1-1/2 hour mark, winner announced by the DJ. Contestants MUST register with Reggier (or other specified person) within 15 minutes of event start , and must stay with the group till announcement. Everyone present gets to vote. The first theme will be …. we’ll go easy on you the first time … wear your best worn-out, run-down, pathetic old hobo clothes. Meet at the campfire at Lollygagger by 5 PM Friday! IM Reggier Rimbaud or Firery Broome for a NC with your theme ideas!
Don’t miss … (all are SL times)
Peet Peterman @ The Lane, Sun, June 17, 12 noon
Djeaux Farrasco @ The Lane, Tue, June 19, 5 PM
Frequency Picnic @ The Lane, Wed, June 20, 4 PM
Barely Texan @ The Lane, Thu, June 21, 4 PM
Theme Night/Pub Crawl, starts @ The Lane Fri, June 22, 5 PM
Location for these events: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Agriopis/154/26/27
06-16 Lollygagger Lane Meeting
There were 18 attendees to the meeting. Firery talked about having more fun events:
• a theme night: On Friday at 5 for an hour and then an after party DJ event to follow. The consensus was “let’s do it!”
• a lane news letter: send it out every weekish, much discussion ensued. We’ll try it and see what the response is.
• lots of ideas for tasks around the place get forgotten about and left undone cuz we don’t have someplace to remind us. If there are tasks to do we will keep a list of them and check them off when they get done. Firery may make a shared doc on the web that some can add to and check off.
• we now have a very nice street sign, Rask will ad arrow signs with teleport scripts to the event stage, art center and more.
• music on the lane: let us know if there are people out there that you think will fit in. send us (Firery, Derek, Reggier) names on NCs. Nad Gough was suggested by many. Dual streaming Ziffy Zarf and Noma Falta is a posibility.
• Reminder: if you think of good DJ’s that would go with a theme night, pass them along in a NC to Derek or Reggier.
• a big thank you to everyone for their great efforts in getting last week’s RFL show running, we generated about 80,000L$.
• next week sees some of the LG and Hobo DJs and performers over at SL9B, the celebration of SL’s 9th birthday…18th to 25th June.
Visit the Lollygagger build:
• the Lindens finally changed the LM of the lane in the destination guide to current location, so we might get more visitors, and also more demand for shop renters.
• The meeting ended in a fist fight and Rask demanding someone “sit on his prim”. Derek, of course, did it. And promptly broke it.
|April 21, 2012||Posted by admin under Art Show, DJ Music, Event, Lane Music, Live Music, Relay For Life|
Lollygagger, Hobos n’ Bitch’s Walking Tall for a Cure RFL, our teams first fundraising event for this season is coming up.
Hope to see you there on April 27th & 28th. Will be great!
Friday 27th April
10am – Live Russell Eponym
11am – DJ Brenda Butts
Noon – DJ Starlight Despres
1pm – DJ paramparamm Papp
2pm – DJ Drumstick Ah
3pm – Live Bartelby Pegler
4pm – FREE
5pm – Live Blane Sonnenkern
Saturday 28th April
1pm – Hobo/LG meeting
2pm – Anon. ft. DJ Derek
3pm – DJ Trash Deluxe
4pm – DJ Raskolnikow Roffo
5pm – Live Whirligig Rutabaga
6pm – Live Guitar Southpaw
7pm – Live Von Johin
|May 15, 2011||Posted by admin under Event, Lane Music, Live Music, Uncategorized|
Come on down to The Lane and enjoy some live music of Byron Hurricane.
Byron Hurricane grew up playing country blues, bluegrass, Americana and American folk music. He is mostly a fingerpicker, but you will sometimes hear him flatpicking some bluegrass or playing clawhammer style. In Second Life, he sings and plays (in his own style) soigs by Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Grateful Dead, The Band, Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh , John Prine, and others.
See you there!
|April 25, 2011||Posted by admin under Event, Lane Music, Live Music|
Join us for JaxxonRoxx Live at The Lane-Thur. April 28th @2pm SLT
Jaxxon hadn’t had any sort of musical background until he decided to take up singing at the age of 14. His first band was comprised of school friends and they would play the occasional concert. With time, Jaxxon found himself with different musicians and they worked at many clubs in Gibraltar, establishing himself within the local music scene.
Having learned to play guitar and with an ever increasing fan base, Jaxxon knew it was time to showcase his own material. This led Jaxxon to record his first album, with a well known band in 2002. Jaxxon is producing his own songs now. He also plays acoustic and electric guitar.
Currently he is working on his second album with fellow friends as well as constantly playing with his current band, Jetstream. He hopes his next set of heartfelt songs will propel him to bigger things and is ready to take his music to a higher level. Jaxxon comes to us in SL hoping to reach a wider audience. Jaxxon will play covers, tracks and his own original material while singing in SL.
|April 17, 2011||Posted by admin under Event, Lane Music, Uncategorized|
Blane Sonnenkern has been playing in bands on and off for most of his life. Acoustical guitar, electric guitar, keyboard…. he has mastered them all. As an Air Force brat, he travelled the world and has been inspired by his diverse experiences. He is bringing his talent AND his husky, soothing, sexy voice to Second Life for all of us to enjoy. He does ballads, classic rock, a little touch of country, with a dash of Beatles thrown in. PLUS some beautiful ORIGINAL songs you will never hear anywhere else.
|April 3, 2011||Posted by admin under Event, Lane Music, Live Music|
Starting at 6:00 pm April 4, 2011. BlindBoink serves up some of his ACOUSTIC FINGERPICKING BLUES THE WAY IT WAS DONE 80 YEARS AGO. Piedmont and Delta style early acoustic blues. Played in the styles of Robert Johnson, Gary Davis, Fred Mc Dowel, Blind Willie McTell and many more! Come on over to The Lane to listen to some fine music and meet new people who love the blues.
|April 3, 2011||Posted by admin under Event, Lane Music, Live Music|