Posts Tagged by Hobo
|July 16, 2012||Posted by admin under Hobo, Lane News, Relay For Life|
Hey Rask’s Relay For Life camp build got a mention in the Prim Perfect Magazine!
Check it out here : http://primperfectblog.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/time-marches-on/
|June 21, 2012||Posted by admin under Lane News|
The Lollygagger Lane News … a little birdie told me ….
Tier cost and how you can donate tier:
Tier cost is $120 a month!! This payment falls to Firery, and some LG property may have to be sold off to lower the tier. Many more Lindens are spent on Live Entertainment, as well as items purchased for building and decorating. Donate to LG whenever you can, tip jars are at various places throughout the Lane. If you don’t have Lindens, but are a paid member to SL, you can donate your tier and it won’t cost you anything. Contact Firery Broome to find out more.
Theme Night/Pub Crawl, every Friday, 5 PM, starting June 22:
We will attend 4 live events, 15 min at each IN THEME COSTUME, followed by after party at LG w/ DJ. Wear your LG tag, and promote LG! 500L prize and the fabulous LG Trophy awarded to best thematic dressed at the 1-1/2 hour mark, winner announced by the DJ. Contestants MUST register with Reggier (or other specified person) within 15 minutes of event start , and must stay with the group till announcement. Everyone present gets to vote. The first theme will be …. we’ll go easy on you the first time … wear your best worn-out, run-down, pathetic old hobo clothes. Meet at the campfire at Lollygagger by 5 PM Friday! IM Reggier Rimbaud or Firery Broome for a NC with your theme ideas!
Don’t miss … (all are SL times)
Peet Peterman @ The Lane, Sun, June 17, 12 noon
Djeaux Farrasco @ The Lane, Tue, June 19, 5 PM
Frequency Picnic @ The Lane, Wed, June 20, 4 PM
Barely Texan @ The Lane, Thu, June 21, 4 PM
Theme Night/Pub Crawl, starts @ The Lane Fri, June 22, 5 PM
Location for these events: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Agriopis/154/26/27
06-16 Lollygagger Lane Meeting
There were 18 attendees to the meeting. Firery talked about having more fun events:
• a theme night: On Friday at 5 for an hour and then an after party DJ event to follow. The consensus was “let’s do it!”
• a lane news letter: send it out every weekish, much discussion ensued. We’ll try it and see what the response is.
• lots of ideas for tasks around the place get forgotten about and left undone cuz we don’t have someplace to remind us. If there are tasks to do we will keep a list of them and check them off when they get done. Firery may make a shared doc on the web that some can add to and check off.
• we now have a very nice street sign, Rask will ad arrow signs with teleport scripts to the event stage, art center and more.
• music on the lane: let us know if there are people out there that you think will fit in. send us (Firery, Derek, Reggier) names on NCs. Nad Gough was suggested by many. Dual streaming Ziffy Zarf and Noma Falta is a posibility.
• Reminder: if you think of good DJ’s that would go with a theme night, pass them along in a NC to Derek or Reggier.
• a big thank you to everyone for their great efforts in getting last week’s RFL show running, we generated about 80,000L$.
• next week sees some of the LG and Hobo DJs and performers over at SL9B, the celebration of SL’s 9th birthday…18th to 25th June.
Visit the Lollygagger build:
• the Lindens finally changed the LM of the lane in the destination guide to current location, so we might get more visitors, and also more demand for shop renters.
• The meeting ended in a fist fight and Rask demanding someone “sit on his prim”. Derek, of course, did it. And promptly broke it.
|April 21, 2012||Posted by admin under Art Show, DJ Music, Event, Lane Music, Live Music, Relay For Life|
Lollygagger, Hobos n’ Bitch’s Walking Tall for a Cure RFL, our teams first fundraising event for this season is coming up.
Hope to see you there on April 27th & 28th. Will be great!
Friday 27th April
10am – Live Russell Eponym
11am – DJ Brenda Butts
Noon – DJ Starlight Despres
1pm – DJ paramparamm Papp
2pm – DJ Drumstick Ah
3pm – Live Bartelby Pegler
4pm – FREE
5pm – Live Blane Sonnenkern
Saturday 28th April
1pm – Hobo/LG meeting
2pm – Anon. ft. DJ Derek
3pm – DJ Trash Deluxe
4pm – DJ Raskolnikow Roffo
5pm – Live Whirligig Rutabaga
6pm – Live Guitar Southpaw
7pm – Live Von Johin
|April 21, 2012||Posted by admin under Lane News, Relay For Life|
Hey did you know that the Lane has a Relay For Life Team? Its made up of Hobos, Lollygaggers, Hot Stilt Bitches, and friends!
If you’re interested in joining the group please let us know and we will be happy to add you. While we are a pretty laid back team, we do have some fundraising events between March and July. Team members are expected to help out during these events in some way. No skills are too small to be of use to the group!
We welcome all to our group as is our hobo way. Also true to Hobo we are an international group and our team members come from across the globe. Be aware that the Relay is a VERY G rated event and The American Cancer Society takes their brand seriously, so we are always in our best G behavior.
If you are too busy to be on the team full time but would like to help out in some way? You can still help, by donating items for sale in our team vendors, or if you are a musician you could donate your talent when we have events on the Lane. All proceeds will go to our team fundraising total. If you own land, and have some extra prims, you might consider hosting a few of our donation kiosks or team vendors and/or advertise our fundraising events.
The team has an official team web site on the official ACS Relay For Life web site. Here team members can create their your own web page within our team’s space. In your space you can set your own personal fundraising goals. Once you have created you page, you can send your real life friends and family who are not in SL to the web to make donations to your personal goal and the team’s goal too! If you prefer not to have your own page that is fine too, just send them to the the Walking Tall For A Cure team web page to make a donation.